Australian Development Scholarships (ADS)-over 1000 scholarship available. Apply now!
ADS provides great opportunities for study and research, aiming to enrich knowledge and develop skills of every individual to contribute towards the development and prosperity of their native countries!
Basing on the information provided by Australian Awards Scholarship, the Scholarship benefits generally apply:
- Tuition costs are covered fully.
- Return ticket is provided: you have a single return paid, which includes direct flight to Australia and from Australia with one economy class seat.
- Contribution to Living Expenses or CLE: it covers the most basic expenses that should be paid fortnightly at a determined rate. From 1 January 2012, awardees studying under an ADS are paid CLE of A$28,000 for one year.
- Establishment allowance of A$5,000 should be paid to cover accommodation expenses, text books, study materials.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is available only for award holder and covers the students’ basic medical costs during the time of the award purely (preexisting conditions are not covered).
- Supplementary Academic Support is available to ensure awardees’ academic success and enhance their academic experience.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP): this is a compulsory 4 to 6 week program that is provided before the commencement of formal studies and covers information on living and studying in the Commonwealth of Australia.
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees may be guaranteed for students for training both in their countries and/or in Australia if necessary.
- Fieldwork is available only for research students for single return via the direct route, to their native country or within Australia, including economy class seat.
According to the main requirements the applicants should:
- sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia to declare that they will agree with the conditions of the Scholarship in case they want to accept an AusAID Scholarship.
- leave Australia for a minimum of two years after they complete the Scholarship course. Otherwise, the awardee will incur a debt for the total cost of their award.
December 14th, 2012
The AusAID student visa allows awardees to bring immediate family members to Australia as dependants.
Eligible dependent family members are permitted to work in Australia under the AusAID student visa.