This scholarship is offered by the Chinese government in collaboration with the Ministry of Education in China to the most deserving non-Chinese international students. The scholarship is both full and partial.
The scholarship is open to Non-Chinese international students who show proof of good health.
Education and Age Limit
- Candidates for the Undergraduate Programs must hold a Diploma of Senior High School. The age limit for them is 25 years.
- Candidates for the Master’s Degree Programs must hold a Bachelor’s degree. The age limit for them is 35 years.
- Candidates for Doctoral Degree Programs must hold a Master’s degree. The age limit for them is 40 years.
- Candidates for Chinese Language Training Program must hold a Diploma of Senior High School. The age limit is 35 years.
- Candidates for General School Program must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate study. The age limit for them is 45 years.
- Candidates for Senior School Program must hold a Master’s degree or higher, or hold a title of Associate Professor or higher. The age limit for them is 45 years.
- Full scholarship.
- Partial scholarship.
Country of Origin
The scholarship is available for non-Chinese students only.
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in either Chinese or English.
- Notarized photocopy of currently highest diploma.
- Notarized photocopy of transcripts.
- A study or research plan in Chinese or English.
- Recommendation letters. Please note that postgraduate students must submit 2 recommendation letters.
- Candidates for music study must submit a CD with their own works.
- Candidates for fine arts must also submit a CD with their own works. The set must include 2 sketches, 2 color paintings and 2 other works).
- Applicants under the age of 18 must have a legal document of their lawful guardians in China.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- HSK test certificate (Chinese proficiency Test). However, it may be not required if you apply for the program taught in English.
Please pay attention that the applicants who already reside in China must submit the Admission Notices or Invitation Letters issued by the target universities.
Duration of Scholarship
- Bachelor’s degree: 4-7 years.
- Master’s degree: 2-5 years.
- Doctoral degree: 3-6 years.
- Chinese language training: 1-2 years.
- General scholar: 1-2 years.
- Senior scholar: 1-2 years.
All documents for any program should be sent before April 30th, 2013, either with the Chinese Diplomatic Mission or through the Chinese Embassy in the applicants’ home country. Individually sent applications will not be considered.
Like our Facebook page and subscribe to our blog to get more updates on scholarships.