#1. “Study in Asia” Scholarship Program
This program is established by the Ministry of Education of PRC (People’s Republic of China), provides full scholarship and is aimed to support the mobility of Asian students and scholars within Asian continent. The program’s main principles are
- mutual understanding between people in the countries of Asia;
- development of cooperation and exchanges in the sphere of education;
- promotion of quality in Asian education.
“Study in Asia” is opened to only non-Chinese applicants. Two levels of study are available: programs for General and Senior scholars.
- Only non-Chinese citizens can apply.
- An applicant must be in good health.
- Education and age for applicants:
- General Scholar Program requires an applicant to have completed a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate study. The applicant can be not older than 45.
- Senior Scholar Program requires an applicant to hold a Master’s degree or above, or to hold an academic title of Associate Professor or above. The applicant can be not older than 50.
- Application for the Chinese Government Scholarship. It can be filled in either Chinese or English.
- Notarized photocopies of currently highest diploma and all academic transcripts.
- Recommendation letters. Two recommendation letters from Professor or Associate Professor are required for senior scholars.
- Research plan (not more than 400 words).
- CD of an applicant’s own works if applying for Music Studies program.
- CD of an applicant’s own works if applying for Fine Arts program (2 color paintings, 2 sketches, and two other types of works).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please be aware that you should also keep its original copy.
Value of Scholarship
- The student is free from
- registration fees;
- tuition fees;
- fees for conducting experiments in the university labs;
- internship fees;
- fees for basic learning materials;
- accommodation fees for dormitory on campus.
- The student is provided with living allowance monthly.
- After registration the student is provided with one-off settlement subsidy.
- The student is free from fees for outpatient medical service as well as for Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students;
- The student is provided with one-off inter-city travel subsidy.
Please consider that International travel expenses are not included into the scholarship.
Where to Apply
- An applicant must apply to the Chinese Embassy in his or her home country. The term is from January to April 2013.
- An applicant can choose one particular academic program and three institutions as his or her preferences from the list of China’s higher education institutions (HEIs) designated by the Chinese Ministry of Education. So, it is recommended that an applicant check the Directory of HEIs that admit international students who are under the Government Scholarship Program.
- An applicant is also advised to contact the chosen host HEI and his or her potential supervisor, concerning admission before he or she makes an application for the program. In case the applicant has been already admitted when making an application, he or she needs to attach the admission notice from the host HEI.
Please pay your attention that the completed applications should reach the CSC (China Scholarship Council) by April 30th, 2013, through the Chinese Embassy in the applicant’s home country. Applications sent individually will not be accepted.
#2. China/AUN Scholarship Program
This scholarship program is provided as full by the Chinese Ministry of Education for ASEAN member countries. Only students from the countries which are the members of ASEAN organization can be admitted.
The program involves two study opportunities:
- Master’s degree: 2-to 3 years (plus Chinese language courses);
- Doctoral degree.
- The program is open only to non-Chinese applicants who are citizens of ASEAN member countries.
- An applicant must prove good health.
- Education and age:
- An applicant for a master’s degree program must hold a bachelor’s degree. The applicant can be not older than 35.
- An applicant for a doctoral degree program must hold a master’s degree. The applicant can be not older than 40.
- Application for the Chinese Government Scholarship. The form can be filled in Chinese or English.
- Notarized photocopies of currently highest diploma and all transcripts.
- Study or research plan: it can be written in either Chinese or English and must contain not less than 400 words.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. However, you should keep the original. The form must be valid for 6 months.
Please take into your consideration that all documents must be duplicated. There is no need to send originals unless required. In addition, if the original documents are written not in Chinese or English, their notarized translations in either Chinese or English must be attached.
Please be aware that the documents mentioned above should be sent to CSC by April 30th, 2013, through the ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat. Applications sent individually will not accepted. The documents will not be returned to you.
All potential candidates must also apply to the AUN Secretariat from January to the beginning of April, 2013.
To check the free options provided to awardees by the scholarship program, please have a look at the conditions of the previous program (that is “Study in China” scholarship). Also, make sure the chosen host university is included into the list issued by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
#3. China/Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Scholarship Program
The PIF scholarship program is full and provided by the Ministry of Education of PRC for the citizens of PIF member countries. The citizens of countries that are not members of PIF will not be admitted.
The program offers the following options:
- undergraduate course: 4 to 5 years;
- Master’s degree course: 2 to 3 years;
- Doctoral degree course: 3 to 4 years;
- Courses for scholars: 1 to 2 years.
Please note that all study programs provided include learning and mastering the Mandarin Chinese language.
- The scholarship is available only to non-Chinese applicants from PIF member countries
- An applicant must prove good health.
- Education and age:
- An applicant for an undergraduate course must hold a diploma of senior high school with excellent grades and must be not older than 25.
- An applicant for a Master’s degree must hold a bachelor’s degree. The applicant can be not older than 35.
- An applicant for a Doctoral degree must hold master’s degree. The applicant can be not older than 40.
- An applicant for Chinese training program must hold a diploma of senior high school and must be not older than 35.
- An applicant for general scholar programs must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate course and must be not older than 45.
- An applicant for senior scholar program must hold a master’s degree or higher, or an academic title of Associate Professor or higher. The applicant can be not older than 50.
Please check the list of the required documents according to the one provided for the first program – that is “Study in Asia”.
Also, please pay attention that a study or research plan must contain at least 200 words for undergraduate program applicants; at least 500 words for scholars programs applicants; and at least 800 words for postgraduate programs applicants.
All applicants can apply from January to April, 2013. The documents must be sent to CSC through PIF Secretariat only. Please be aware that the documents will not be returned.
Please make sure you have familiarized yourself with the conditions of the two previously described scholarship programs. The options of PIF program are similar. You can also check the list of the universities that have a right to admit foreign students.
In addition, you should be aware that international traveling is afforded by the Chinese government according to this very program.
For updates like our Facebook page.