Chancellor’s International Scholarships
The University of Hertfordshire, UK, is the University of enthusiasts and professionals with optimistic and fresh outlook on the world! They put their students at the heart of everything they do. In support of their ideas, the University is going to offer 130 achievement-based partial scholarships for international students.
Fields of Study
There are all the university full time undergraduate degrees and postgraduate taught master’s courses (being studied on the university’s campuses).
- The mentioned scholarship is open to all newly arrived full time candidates who have been classified as “overseas” for fees purposes, and who have received an offer from the University of Hertfordshire.
- Also, it is open to candidates who finished their undergraduate programs at the University and are planning to apply for the postgraduate programs.
- A candidate must be eligible to cover the University’s full time tuition fee.
- A candidate must have a conditional or unconditional admission in the university before applying.
- A candidate must have academic achievements.
- Foundation: In case the education system in your home country cannot allow direct entry to undergraduate study in the universities of the UK, you are required to complete the University of Hertfordshire International Foundation Program. However, you are still eligible to become a candidate for the Scholarship. (Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellent grades in school level qualifications and also meet the Scholarship English language conditions as outlined below.)
- Undergraduate: Successful candidates will be required to achieve the equivalent of 340 UCAS points or above at UK A Level.
- Postgraduate: Successful candidates will be required to achieve the equivalent of a UK First Class or strong Upper Second Class bachelor degree. Individual module/subject grades (including resits) will be considered.
- Requirements for English language proficiency:
- IELTS minimum of 6.5
- TOEFL IBT minimum 88
- GCSE English B grade minimum
- PTE 58 minimum
- Personal statement: The personal statement (of no more than 500 words) allows the candidate to demonstrate:
- other achievements or involvement in extra-curricular activities;
- relevant work experience
- the potential to benefit from the experience of studying at the host University, and to make a significant ongoing contribution towards the University community.
Please consider: if at the moment you are a student at our partner college, Hertfordshire International College (HIC), you can apply for the Scholarship after you complete your studies at the HIC.
Scholarship Value (Partial)
Each scholarship is worth £2,000 due for one (1) year only to 130 international students. Scholarships will be awarded at registration as a fee deduction of £2,000 from your first year.
The scholarship is available for one year of study only. So, you must re-submit your application if you choose to put your entry off to another intake or if you change your program of study. If you have a sponsor, you will need to send a letter to the University, confirming who will be paying the tuition fees. If you are awarded the scholarship, the sum will be deducted from the amount your sponsor pays to the University.
Candidates will be admitted on a competitive basis according to the criteria of the scholarship award. Even if a student meets the minimum requirements, it cannot be guaranteed that he or she will be successful in the competition. Before the scholarship is awarded, a candidate must fulfil the registration conditions. The scholarship is non-transferable. Candidates who hold a conditional offer from the University, but do not meet the conditions either of their offer of a place, or of their offer of a scholarship, will forfeit the right to the award.
You can scan and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Friday, July 26th 2013, midnight UK time.
Do not forget to mention the address:
International Admissions Team
University of Hertfordshire
Please note that you cannot take part in the Scholarship program if you are applying for any of these courses:
- English Pre-sessional
- English for Academic Studies
- International Pre-Masters
- Graduate Certificate in Business