The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
Country of origin: Applicants from all developing countries are welcomed.
Level of study: Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral degrees. And a follow-up Master study programs and Doctoral study programs. (All these including a one year preparatory course of the Czech language.)
Study Areas Available in English:
- follow-up master study program Economics, (http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/cs/node/47);
- doctoral study program Economic Theories, (http://www.cerge-ei.cz/phd-program/the-phd-program);
- follow-up master study program Informatics,(http://www.pef.czu.cz/cs/?r=4055&i=1176 );
- follow-up master study program Information Management,(http://www.uhk.cz/en-us/studium/studies-in-english/degree-programmes/master-degree-programmes/Pages/default.aspx);
- follow-up master study program Natural Resources and Environment,(http://www.af.czu.cz/en/?r=1291&i=1859 );
- follow-up master study program Forestry, Water and Landscape Management,(http://www.fld.czu.cz/cs/?r=3461&i=3535);
- follow-up master study program Technology and Environmental Engineering, (http://akreditaceaj.tf.czu.cz/plans.htm );
- Doctoral study program Chemistry (Agriculture Chemistry),(http://www.af.mendelu.cz/en/studium/doktorske?lang=en;tag=67).
Scholarship applications can only be filed on-line at: http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf.
Foreign nationals who have been granted permanent residence in the Czech Republic are not eligible to apply for the Government scholarships.
A limited number of scholarships are offered also to students from the developing countries who file their applications with the respective National UNESCO Commissions (the scholarship application form is available at: http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf and needs to be printed). For contact information on individual local offices see http://www.unesco.org/ (and search under the heading Communities, National Commissions).
Prospective applicants are advised to address their inquiries concerning, eligibility and closing date for applications at the Czech Embassies in their countries.