The Institute of Transport (ITS) under the patronage of the University of Leeds is offering scholarships to excellent students from Africa! Generally, this scholarship is opened to all international students who plan to undertake a full-time Master’s degree program at the Institute of Transport Studies (ITS).
Fields of Study
The applicants can choose from 5 majors to obtain their Master’s degree:
- MA Transport Economics;
- MSc Transport Planning;
- MSc (Eng) Transport Planning and Engineering;
- MSc Transport Planning and the Environment
- MSc Sustainability in Transport.
After completing the Master’s program, the awardee is envisaged to get employed in the transport sector in his or her home country, so as to apply the new knowledge and skills in the related area.
The scholarship deadline is June 13th, 2013. The total value of the scholarship program is £7.500. It is to covers 50% of the tuition fees.
- An applicant must have received a conditional or unconditional offer of a place from ITS, the University of Leeds.
- An applicant’s status must be specified as “international fee”.
- Along with the scholarship form, an applicant must also submit a statement (a text should contain not less than 500 words) in which they clarify how their obtaining a Master’s degree would help them to improve transportation of their home countries. It is preferable that the applicant mentioned a significant transport issue and came up with the resolution.
Some Other Requirements
Please check on the following points that concern the application procedure at the ITS. In order to enter the Master’s degree program in Transport Studies:
- you must hold a Bachelor’s degree (this must be an equivalent to a first of upper second class honors in the UK);
- you must attach the documented evidence of your academic excellence or achievements and potential;
- you must provide information on the sources of your funding.
Please take into your consideration that early application is highly encouraged, as there are only 4 scholarship awards available. The successful candidates will be contacted by e-mail.
The University of Leeds offer a wide range of accommodation opportunities for international students. Safe and high-quality living environment is a pledge of student’s success, so the University takes responsibility for your comfort.
Note that you should apply for University owned or private accommodation in advance. More information can be obtained on the University website: the Accommodation Office will provide you with the details regarding the application deadlines, requirements and guarantees.