The provision of scholarships of the SR Government is a long-term component of development assistance by the SR, which is a program and project activity of the SR Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the framework of the international community. The granting of these scholarships has become a component of the state support for Slovak nationals living abroad.
Country of origin: Developing countries and the Slovak Republic.
- A photo in passport format
- Signed application (the last page of the application form with signature sent by e-mail(confirmation) )
- Medical certificate (downloadable from the official website)
- Certificate: a document of the highest education completed (bearing a super legalization clause or apostil at the embassy of the SR abroad. A certified translation into one of the following languages; Slovak, English, French or Spanish should be sent by 31st august at latest.
- Study results: school reports for individual school years from secondary school or a transcript from the university. Study results from the last academic year can be sent additionally by 31st august.
- Decision on acceptance of study: a decision of the university or college on admission to the study in the SR (not applicable to applicants for language and academic preparation.)
- Certificate of the study equivalence: a document certifying that the higher school education achieved in other country is equivalent to the university study in the SR. (Applicable only to applicants for the 3rd degree study.
- Birth certificate: certified translation into one of the following languages; Slovak, English, French or Spanish.
- Recommendations from two professors (references of two school teachers including their place of work.
- Curriculum vitae (the signed, structured CV)
- Publications. A list of materials published (articles, brochures, books)
- Certificate of good conduct; a copy of criminal records or a certificate of the Slovak national living abroad, respectively. (a copy of criminal records of the country whose citizen the applicant is bearing a super legalization clause or apostil at the embassy of the SR abroad or a certificate of the Slovak national living abroad.
- Copy of passport (a photocopy of the page from the passport containing identification details)
- Nomination of ministry (a document of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Education of the country of concerned including a recommendation for granting a scholarship of the SR Government (not applicable to the applicants-Slovak nationals living abroad)
- Declaration; the signed statutory declaration (downloadable from official website). This is not applicable to applicants from developing countries.
For more information, visit this website (The webpage will be active from 25. March 2013)