As you can see, this is a post-graduate course at Bangor University, the UK. It is mainly intended for those students who are interested in and have relatively clear notion of forestry, and who wish to discover more about the benefits forests provide for the world’s society and environment. The scholarships are open for applicants in the month of September, 2013.
In addition, the program would be suited to you if you are engaged into forestry education and wish to upgrade your knowledge and skills in order to improve your teaching methods.
Bangor University offers 15 available scholarships, fully funded. Each program costs over £12,000, including tuition fees. Besides, the scholarship provides a generous grant that enables the awardees to participate a compulsory 14-day study and research tour, held in Africa in July-August, 2015.
The field of study offered is Tropical Forestry (level of study – Master of Science).
You are welcome to familiarize yourself with the eligibility criteria set out for the scholarship application. So, if you want to receive the scholarship award:
- you must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Botswana, Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia;
- you must hold a 2nd class upper degree in one of the related subjects like natural sciences, forestry, land or natural resource management, economics (preferably in such fields as monitoring and protection, planning, policy, and regulation);
- related professional experience is preferable; if an applicant has sufficient professional experience but a lower 2nd class degree, he or she will also be considered;
- you do not need to prove your English language proficiency level provided that you come from Botswana, The Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia, and have studied through the medium English;
- you should consider that if you are an applicant from Bangladesh, Cameroon, Pakistan, Rwanda and Sri Lanka, you must undertake an IELTS exam and get a minimum score of 6.5 (when applying for the year 2013, the IELTS exam must be undertaken not earlier than October 2012);
- the deadline for application is 23:59 BST, May 17th, 2013.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to send an e-mail to email@example.com