In collaboration with the World’s Academy of Sciences, the Chinese Academy of Sciences provides an opportunity for young scientists from around the world to pursue post-doctoral research in PRC. So, if you have recently earned your PhD and wish to gain great research experience, China welcomes you to join the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
Please check the main features of the scholarship below.
|Value of scholarship||· A successful applicant will be freed from the program tuition fees.
· A monthly stipend is intended to cover applicant’s accommodation, living expenses and health insurance.
· Emergency medical services can be available if needed.
|Country of origin||Students from any developing country, except for PRC, can participate.|
|Level of study||Post-doctoral research degree.|
|Application deadline||August 31st, 2013.|
Every applicant who wishes to participate in the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program from CAS must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A candidate must be no older than 40 on December 31st of the year of application.
- A candidate must be a citizen of a developing country (But not from China).
- A candidate must not have visa either for temporary or for permanent residency in PRC or any more economically developed country.
- A candidate must hold a Doctoral degree in a field of the natural sciences.
- A candidate must be admitted to one of the CAS-listed institutions that take part in the scheme. He or she must submit an official letter of admission from the host institution.
- A candidate must prove evidence of English or Chinese language proficiency.
- A candidate must submit recommendation letters. The persons who compose these letters for the candidate must send the letters as attachments via e-mail to TWAS or CAS.