Exclusive, competitive and beneficial scholarships provided by Sheffield Hallam University, the UK, are aimed at ambitious and passionate students from any non-EU country. The program for enrollment in the 2013-14 academic year includes both undergraduate and post-graduate taught courses. You are welcome to check the requirements and features of the scholarship down below.
Please take into consideration that only non-EU students can apply for the Transform Together Scholarship.
The scholarships include the following:
- full tuition fee waiver for 1 year of study;
- 50% tuition fee discount for each year of your undergraduate program (note that it will depend on your academic progression);
- plus the package of incentives which includes receiving a University hoodie, participation in a range of events to broaden your learning and communication experience, and an opportunity to become an alumni ambassador in your country.
The awardees are expected to represent Sheffield Hallam University through taking part in various activities not only during the academic year but also after graduation.
Here are the main eligibility criteria for the scholarships. Please check them carefully.
- If you are a postgraduate student, you must have achieved at least 2.1 or equivalent in your honors degree. Also, you must meet the minimum requirement set out for course entrants. Your academic transcripts should be attached to your application.
- If you are an undergraduate student, you must meet or exceed the admission criteria for the course.
- You must hold a conditional or an unconditional offer from the Sheffield Hallam University for study a full-time postgraduate course.
- Your enrollment on a 1-year full-time taught postgraduate program with the University must start in the 2013-14 academic year.
- You must be classified as an international student for fee purposes.
- You must self-fund your studies and pay any additional fees required by your course (for example, field trips).
- The minimum eligible English language requirement is IELTS 6.0 (that is 5.5 in all areas) or its equivalent. However, certain undergraduate and postgraduate courses may set higher requirement.
- A successful applicant, who has demonstrated academic, professional or personal achievements, will be granted a certificate that is to mark these achievements following his or her enrollment on the chosen course.
- Your application is encouraged if you can prove that you will significantly contribute to the University.
|By June 30th, 2013||For the courses starting in September 2013.|
|By November 1st, 2013||For the courses starting in January 2014.|
Some Additional Remarks
You should pay particular attention to the issues that you will have to mention in your application for any scholarship of Sheffield Hallam University.
- You should tell about your academic achievements at the institution in your home country.
- You should highlight the considerable things you have done which make you a unique applicant. You can include your professional qualification, non-academic accomplishments, volunteering and community service.
- Your ability and ambition can be demonstrated by the evidence of your personal unique talents, skills or special interests.
- You can mention your vision of the future and outlook on the present.
- Your ideas on how you could represent Sheffield Hallam University as an ambassador.