Potential PhD students can receive a wonderful opportunity to continue their study at Imperial college London under the Imperial College PhD Scheme. So, if you are a well-qualified undergraduate or Master’s degree student and wish to undertake a PhD program at one of the world’s leading research institutions, you can become nominated for the scholarship that will cover full tuition fees and provide you with a generous stipend. Currently there 50 places available for 50 successful candidates who would like to join a lifelong global community of professionals. The Scholarship Scheme is aimed at providing excellent research students with the opportunity to perform within their chosen field with the support and assistance of outstanding supervisors.
The scholarship is open to students from any country of the world.
Value of Scholarship
Learn more about the features of the PhD Scholarship provided by Imperial College.
- The scholarship is offered for up to 3.5 years. During this period a successful candidate will receive funding for tuition fees as well as an annual allowance of £20,000.
- A successful candidate will receive access to a program of professional development and accompanying activities provided by collaboration between the Graduate School and the candidate’s host department.
- Opportunities for networking and cooperation will be provided by the availability of interaction with researchers at other higher education institutions in the UK and overseas.
Under Imperial College scholarships there are no restrictions on students’ nationalities. So, an applicant from any country can be admitted provided that he or she meets the following requirements:
- An applicant must demonstrate the highest academic achievements in his or her undergraduate cohort and hold a first-class UK degree or its equivalent.
- An applicant with a Master’s qualification should have obtained a distinction or demonstrate academic excellence. In addition, he or she must hold a fist-class UK undergraduate degree or its equivalent.
- If an applicant holds a degree from an overseas institution, he or she is strongly urged to prove if his or her grades are equivalent to those required by the scholarship.
- Before making an application, a candidate must contact the supervisor in an Imperial College academic department who has previously agreed to supervise their project. According to the College regulations, a supervisor is permitted to supervise only one student at any time.
- Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate their potential in order to be awarded a scholarship grant.
- An application must be filed via the College’s online admissions system. The administration of Imperial College recommends that an applicant ensures the following selections when applying for the program:
- “Research” for the online application;
- “Imperial College PhD Scholarship” for the Program;
- corresponding College Department.
- An applicant’s personal statement must consist of approx. 1000 words and outline their academic/research accomplishments to date as well as explain concisely the planned research project.
- An applicant must attach a scanned copy of the Candidate Endorsement Form (in Word format), signed by his or her supervisor and host Department.
- The deadline for application is July 1st, 2013.
- Current Imperial PhD students cannot be considered for the scholarship. It is open only for new applications.