AFAC Grants for Project Proposals in Cinema, Music and RTR, 2013
The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture (AFAC) welcomes outstanding candidates for grants in the spheres of cinema and music as well as of RTR (or research, training and regional events). The grants are available to Arab individuals and local/regional/international institutions provided that their projects relate to the issues of Arab culture. You should also note that if you are a non-Arab producer, you still can apply for the grant, however the film director must be Arab.
The wok on the projects can be carried out anywhere. The projects must target an Arab audience. The duration of the project should not be less than 1 month, but should not exceed 24 months.
|Study||Cinema, music and RTR.|
|Course level||New art project proposal.|
|Availability||Arab individuals as well as local/regional/international institutions provided that their project proposals relate to Arab culture.|
|Project duration||From 1 to 24 months.|
|Deadline||· For cinema applications – August 1st, 2013.
· For music and RTR application – September 1st, 2013.
All application must be submitted online.
- All Arab individuals who are engaged into the cultural and artistic spheres are invited to participate in the AFAC grant program and send their art project proposals. Age, experience, country of residence, religion and ethnicity do not matter.
- In terms of cinema applications, a non-Arab producer can apply if the director of the film is Arab. Also, it is preferred that producers are attached to their film projects. Bother the director and the producer can apply for the AFAC grant.
- The grant program is open to local/regional/international cultural, artistic and education institutions, governmental and non-governmental organizations which have relation to modern Arab arts and culture.
Value of Grant
- Each AFAC grant amounts up to $50,000.
- If the received grant exceeds $10,000 but covers only a certain part of the project’s budget, the grantee must cover 70% of the remaining sum with their own means in order to be awarded the grant. This condition does not apply to applications for cinema projects as they are carried out in phases.
- In case a grantee cannot cover 70% of the budget required for the project within 90 days after the grant was awarded, the latter will be revoked.
- The grant will be revoked as well in case the grantee does not sign the contract within 60 days after the grant was awarded.
- Only 2 deadline extensions can be awarded during the grant period. The extensions should be approved by AFAC.
The selection of promising candidates is based on the following features and criteria:
- Relevance: this is the evaluation concerns the proposal’s content, aim, significance and importance to Arab audience. Besides, the proposal must be relevant to the objectives and mission of AFAC. In addition, it is preferred that the project addresses the current events and issues that face the Arab region.
- Quality: this is the evaluation of the grantee’s methods which are intended to bring the project into life. The project’s results must be realistic, achievable, measurable and meet a specific deadline. Also, the project’s objectives must be identified clearly and cohere with the expected outcomes. The grantee’s talent, education and professional experience must be suitable for the implementation of the project.
- Innovation: this is the contribution which the project will make towards the relevant genre or field in general. It concerns the originality of the idea, creativity of methodology, use of new expression tools, involvement of relevant collaborations or networks as well as the visibility of the project.
- Cost: it implies the correspondence of the project’s total cost to the output proposed. The applicants are requested to consider and justify the reasonability and suitability of the total sum regarding the set objectives.
How to Apply
The applications can be submitted online only. The application forms are available on the AFAC’s official website. The required documents can be uploaded to the application form either as attachments or as links. Also, all additional documents can be sent via physical mail to the formal AFAC offices.
- Files or samples of previous works that are smaller than 10MB should be attached to the application form.
- Files or samples of previous works that take 10-100 MB can be included as links to the respective files on sharing platforms like YouTube, Vimeo or Dropbox. Also, they can be sent with storage media via mail.
- In case files or samples of previous works exceed 100 MB, they (not more than 5 copies) should be sent only via mail to AFAC’s Office in Beirut, marked with the title and application number of the project and postmarked by the relevant deadline. The files should be sent through a major courier. They will not be returned. AFAC recommends that applicants submit their tracking numbers in the applications. If an application is incomplete or misses the supporting documents, it will not be considered. The mail address is: Arab Fund for Arts and Culture – Gardenia Building – Sourati St. – Hamra – P.O.Box 13-5290 – Beirut, Lebanon.
Research Fellowships for International Postdoctoral Students in Germany, 2014
International postdoctoral students are welcome to apply for research fellowship at the Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG). The fellowships are open to students who have finished their dissertations. The doctoral procedure must have been completed not later than 3 years before the time of application for IEG fellowship. The grants are awarded to enable promising candidates to work on a new research in any historical subject. The fellowship lasts from 6 to 12 months. The monthly allowance is €1600.
|Study||History (any subject).|
|Course level||Fellowships are available for postdoctoral students who have finished their dissertations completed the doctoral procedure.|
|Duration||From 6 to 12 months.|
|Value of Fellowship||€1600 per month.|
|Deadline||August 9th, 2013.|
- The completed doctoral procedure should date back for not more than 3 years at the time of application.
- Fellows must have sufficient speaking skills in German language to participate in the discussions at the Institute.
- The Institute’s library and other academic facilities of Mainz are available for fellows’ research.
- To take part in the Institute’s events, fellows must officially register in Mainz.
- Fellows can live at the IEG.
- Trips to libraries, archives and conferences are available.
- Fellows must not undertake any paid work at the time of the IEG-scholarship.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, an applicant should attach the following documents (as one file):
- a CV plus a list of publications if available;
- a concise description of the project with a detailed plan and schedule for the stay at the IEG (the paper should contain 5-6 pages or up to 1500).
Prior to the application deadline a candidate must also submit:
- a copy of academic transcripts;
- 2 letters of support (NOT recommendation) from 2 senior academic scholars must be sent directly to the IEG;
- a copy of the completed dissertation (on CD-ROM).
Domus Academy & Interni Master’s Scholarship in Interior and Living Design, Italy
Domus Academy in Milan, Italy, jointly with Interni Magazine is inviting students to take part in a grant competition for a Design Magazine Café. Participants will design the concept of and strategies for creation of a new typology for Café. The scholarship offers Master’s degree in Interior and Living Design. Th program offers 3 prizes of 30%, 50% and 70% of the overall tuition fee. An applicant must hold a first-level academic diploma or a BA degree, or an applicant must be a graduate of the academic year 2012-13.
|Study||Interior and Living Design.|
|Course level||Master’s degree.|
|Number of grants||Three (3).|
|Value of scholarship||· 30% of the registration fee value.
· 50% of the entry fee value.
· 70% of the entry fee value.
|Deadline||August 30th, 2013.|
- A candidate must hold a first-level academic diploma or a BA degree.
- Or a candidate must be a graduate of the academic year 2012-13.
- An applicant must submit an IELTS certificate with a minimum score of 5.0, or an equivalent.
How to Apply
All documents should be sent in one .pdf format. Any additional materials attached will be considered as pluses and evaluated by the scholarship’s jury. For participants in the competition the application fee is waived.
- Digital projects must be sent via e-mail. Please look for more detailed contact information here, on the official scholarship’s website.
- Paper projects must be sent via physical mail.
- Participants are welcome to use hand sketches, digital illustrations and so on.
- A maximum of 5 A3 boards can be sent (the acceptable formats are .pdf and .tiff).
- The package of documents must also include:
- short description of the applicant’s project (1 A4 page);
- the applicant’s CV (1 A4 page);
- the purpose for application (5 lines on 1 A4 page).
Junior Research Fellowship at Birla Institute of Technology in India, 2013
The Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) at Birla Institute of Technology (Ranchi, India) is funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and offers a research program for applicants with certain Master’s degrees (students with MSc or MTech can apply). The preference will be given to NET-GATE qualified students. The fellowship includes a monthly allowance and accommodation.
|Study||The sphere of study concerns the issues of the synthesis of metallic Nano-shells loaded with photo sensitizer and plasmonic modulation of singlet oxygen generation, regarding the development of a bimodal, non-invasive, Nano-therapeutic tool.|
|Course level||Research program.|
|Value of Scholarship||· For NET-GATE qualified students: Rs. 16000/- + HRA as applicable.
· for non-NET/ non-GATE students: Rs. 14000/- + HRA as applicable.
|Duration||2 to 3 years.|
|Deadline||July 15th, 2013.|
- An applicant must hold one of the following degrees (or equivalent):
- MSc/MTech in Chemistry;
- MSc/MTech in Physics;
- MSc/MTech in Nano-Science;
- MSc/MTech in Nano-Technology;
- MSc/MTech in Biology;
- MSc/MTech in Biotechnology.
- Special preference will be given to NET-GATE qualified students who have experience in nanoparticle synthesis and ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy, absorption or luminescence spectroscopy.
Notification: Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview on July 20, 2013.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Interested students can send their CVs to Dr. Amiya Priyam (email@example.com).
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for the interview on July 20th, 2013.
Junior Research Fellowship at B.S. Abdur Rahman University in India, 2013
The Junior Research Fellowship for the project named “Development of COF/polyimide composites with low dielectric constant for microelectronic applications” in the Chemistry Department at B.S. Abdur Rahman University is funded by DST and offers an opportunity to participate in significant research work.
|Study||The sphere of study concerns the development of COF/polyimide composites that have low dielectric constant for microelectronic applications|
|Course level||Research program.|
|Availability||Indian students. According to the University’s regulations, there is a possibility to register for the Doctoral degree program.|
|Value of Scholarship||· For the first 2 years of study: Rs. 12,000 monthly.
· For the third year: Rs. 14,000 monthly.
|Deadline||July 15th, 2013.|
- An applicant must hold one of the following first-class degrees:
- MTech in Polymer Technology;
- MSc in Chemistry;
- MSc in Polymer Chemistry;
- MSc in Organic/Inorganic/Analytical/Physical/Applied Chemistry.
- An applicant must be no older than 28.
- It is desirable for an applicant to have a research experience in the field of Polymer Chemistry.
- It is desirable for an applicant to be CSIR-JRF, CSIR-LS, GATE, SLET or UGC qualified.
How to Apply
- Applications can be either submitted online or sent by post.
- Applications with complete biodata and photocopies of relevant certificates must be sent before or on the date of the deadline.
- All applications will be assessed on a basis of academic merits.
- The scholarship offer from the University will be sent from the Faculty of the Professions.
- A successful applicant must accept the offer by the deadline mentioned in the letter. Otherwise, the scholarship will be offered to the next promising applicant.
2013 Kingstec Academic Merit Entrance Award at NSCC Kingstec Campus in Canada
Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC), Canada, is offering the Academic Merit Entrance Award to provide Canadian students with the opportunity to get a certificate or diploma at the Kingstec Campus. Even if you are a first-year student at the NSCC Kingstec Campus, you are still eligible to apply. In order to apply, a student must be accepted to the chosen program fully or conditionally. The scholarship grants $500 as an education credit which is applied to the awardee’s NSCC account directly.
|Study||Any course at the NSCC Kingstec Campus.|
|Course level||Undergraduate/diploma degree.|
|Number of grants||One (1).|
|Value of scholarship||$500.|
|Deadline||July 31st, 2013.|
- The scholarship is awarded on the basis of excellent academic results.
- The application can be submitted by post, e-mail and fax, or personally.
- The following documents must be attached:
- application form;
- copy of academic transcripts;
- concise introductory cover letter;
- 2 reference letters.