Scholarships for excellent students-University of Amsterdam
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship. For more information please click on the link below.
In 2014, a new prestigious scholarship programme will be launched, targeting exceptionally talented Master’s students from outside Europe. The AES is a full scholarship of €25,000 (covering tuition and living expenses) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programmes). For more information about eligibility and deadlines please click on the link below.
3. Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships are long term development awards administered by AusAID.
They aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
The Awards are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees.
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route.
- Establishment allowance—a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards as accommodation expenses, text books, study materials.
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by AusAID. From 1 January 2013, CLE payable to Scholars studying under an ADS is A$30,000 per year.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre existing conditions).
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience.
- Fieldwork (for research students only)—may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Australia Awards Leadership Program
Allison Sudradjat Prize
Prime Minister’s Pacific Program
Up to 120 eligible postgraduate scholars from the Pacific will receive an award between 2010 and 2014. For more details visit the program website [external website].
Like our Facebook page HERE to stay updated