The Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) jointly with the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) are offering multiple scholarships that range from partial to full tuition fees grants. The scholarships are intended for incoming students in the PSIA Development programs. The AFD’s aim is to provide France’s official development aid to developing countries and territories.
- Applicants should consider that the AFD-PSIA Scholarship award is dedicated only to citizens of African countries.
- All applicants must submit a completed application form for the 2015 intake to the PSIA via the Sciences Po Admissions Portal. All supporting documents and references must be attached.
- The following programs are open to application:
- PSIA’s Master in Development Practice (1 year);
- PSIA’s Master in International Development (2 years).
- A student applying for a dual degree program is not considered eligible.
- Candidates are selected on a competitive basis, considering their academic excellence and projects at Sciences Po.
- The AFD-PSIA Scholarship is intended to cover a tuition fee.
- The scholarship is provided for the entire period of study. It is important that a student demonstrates sufficient academic performance (top 50% of the class). Otherwise the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- For the course of Master in Development Practice: the scholarship is available within 1 year. During the first semester a student must demonstrate sufficient academic performance, otherwise the scholarship will be revoked in the second semester.
- For the course of Master in International Development: the scholarship is provided within 2 years of study. During the first year a student is required to demonstrate sufficient academic performance. Otherwise, the scholarship will be revoked in the second year.
- The offer of the scholarship intended for the studies commencing in September 2015 cannot be deferred.
The application documents must be sent via e-mail to Ms. Heather Clarke (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “AFD-PSIA Scholarship Application 2015”.
- CV in English
- Cover letter containing 1000 words in English: it must indicate the chosen program and be addressed to the members of the scholarship’s joint selection committee.
- Completed and signed form.
If you come from Sciences Po’s Undergraduate College, please attach the following documents to those mentioned above:
- copy of academic transcripts for your entire study at the HEI (including your study abroad or on an exchange program);
- 2 reference letters from your professors. It is required that the professors send their letters directly to email@example.com.
All scholarship applications will be reviewed by the joint selection committee.
- The deadline for application is Sunday, February 8th, 2015 (11:59pm, French time). Students are encouraged to make their application as early as possible.
- The campaign for the year 2015 commences in October 2014.
- The results will be notified in mid-April 2015.
For More Information